Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft
E-mail : email@example.com
Web : https://bilalgonen.com
[Resume-PDF], [github], [Youtube-channel], [Linkedin]
- July 2021 to present: Senior Software Engineer, Microsoft Inc., Atlanta, Georgia.
- Developed build and release pipelines in Azure Devops both in Classic and yaml pipelines. Used service principals in Azure Active Directory; Key Vaults to store keys and other secrets used by cloud apps and services. Worked on Azure Function Apps; getting the call stack of crashes; parsing the call stack in python code, creating bugs (azure work item), adding item tags by python code. Writing unit tests for python code, testing with pytest, patch, mock objects for API calls or reading external data. Building codebase for the fuzzers with c, c++, python, go, perl, bash scripts using chromium depot_tools, GN, autoninja on both linux and windows. Reproducing libfuzzer or browser bugs using crash files, and triaging those in Azure Devops. Working on Azure Devops repos; fluent in git commands, reviewing and approving pull requests. Powershell script; using regular expressions, making API calls to Azure Devops, getting latest commit IDs of repos; reading/writing csv, json files. Setup software, services, environment variables, creating users in linux VM on Azure.
- 5/2009 to 8/2010: Software engineer and database admin, PowerDEX Inc., Reno, NV.
- 5/2008 to 8/2008: Web programmer, Testwave LLC., Reno, NV.
Developed a database-driven system in ASP.NET 3.5, MSSQL server
- 5/2007 – 8/2007: Web programmer, Yourally Inc., Reno, NV.
- [AZ-104] – Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- [AZ-305] – Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Exam badge: here
- [AZ-400] – Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert, Exam badge: here
- [AZ-500] – Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- [AZ-900] – Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- [DP-900] – Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals
- [SC-900] – Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
- Click HERE to see all of the above certificates on credly.com website.
Back End: MySQL, SQL, RDBMS, MongoDB, NodeJS, Express, REST API, JSON, Tomcat, Postman,
Cloud: Azure Devops; Classic pipelines, yaml pipelines, Azure Active Directory; Key Vaults, Azure repos, Azure Function Apps; Docker, AWS, Google GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform
|8/2016 – 8/2021||Assistant Professor, School of Information Technology, University of Cincinnati|
|8/2012 – 5/2016||Assistant Professor, Computer Science, University of West Florida|
|8/2011 – 6/2012||Term Assistant Professor, Computer Science, University of Alaska Anchorage|
- Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno, NV, USA (August 2011)
- M.S. in Computer Science, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA (August 2006)
- B.E. in Computer Engineering, Sakarya University, Sakarya, Turkey (September 2002)
- IT Infrastructure Sustainability (2016 – 2020). Topics: Virtualization (VirtualBox, VMware, Hyper-V), Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud).
- Advanced Storage Technologies (2017 – 2020).
- Advanced Systems Administration (2017 – 2020).
- IT Research Methods (2016 – 2018)
- System Admin Basics (2020)
- Teaching Prep System Admin (2020)
- Scripting for Network and Security (2017, 2020). Topics: Bash script, PowerShell, Python. [my videos]
- Application Programming (2017)
- Azure Fundamentals Bootcamp (2020)
- Computer Networks (2011 – 2014)
- Algorithms and Data Structures (2011 – 2013). My videos on youtube
- Algorithm and Programming Design in C (Spring 2016). My videos on youtube
- Java Programming (2011 – 2016). My videos on youtube
- Intermediate Programming in Java (Spring 2013, Fall 2015). My videos on youtube
- Advanced Computer Programming in Java (Fall 2014, Spring 2015). My videos on youtube
- Complex Networks (Spring 2012)